Tuesday, April 17, 2007

So, what did I do, today?

First off, made sure ALL the kids had school. Two had a two hour delay and two were off yesterday due to the bad weather. Thought I did a good job of getting everyone off and suddenly get a call from Ashley. She gets to her half way point to school and finds out that they had to close due to no electricity!! UGH!
Liz called around 9:30AM and asked me to go with her for baby James' hip ultra sound. We decided to go get some dig. pics printed out at Target first- of the christening, etc.- then head out for a quick lunch- pick up finished pictures, dropped Ashley back home and then to the hospital for the test. His appt. was at 2:30PM but we got there early to feed him before his test. They took him back right on time and, luckily, the pediatric radiologist was there and told Liz the results immediately. He is PERFECT, as we all guessed!! The pediatrician was concerned about hip dysplagia due to his traumatic birth. This can lead to hip displacement and eventual surgery if not taken care of. The doctor thought she heard a "hip click" but all is well. Thank God. BTW, he cooed and smiled through the entire test. Doctor couldn't believe it.
Got home just in time to pick up Michael at the bus stop. Then Meggie had to get a renal ultra sound. (medical day at the Hughes') Meg has had a number of kidney infections and will have to see a urologist. No results from that test yet.
Jack is home late tonight due to yet another dinner meeting. After dinner- homemade chicken noodle soup- I did more preparing- purging and pricing- for the memory lane yard sale. I have more scrapping supplies than hmmm, Payless has shoes?? I don't mind having it all and buying it all. I just need to use it all!!! LOL As I was in my crop room, I realized that I was missing American Idol. So, I sit here typing as I watch. When the heck is Sanjaya going to get voted off of this show?? Singers were ok. It was country night.
So, I am two for two so far as far as posting every day but don't expect it to continue.
Have a good one, everybody and say a prayer for all those at Virginia Tech. Univ.

No comments: