Wednesday, May 16, 2007

I had a great night

And, I'm having a wonderful day today as well. Went to my all time favorite LSS, memory lane, pa. in Quakertown, Pa. yesterday afternoon. Did a bit of scrapping and then went to dinner with Rollie and met Denise and Darlene at the restaurant. Tried a new martini- Bison Grass Vodka with olives. One nasty drink I tell ya. It taste true to it's name, like drinking alcholic grass. Even the olives didn't help- which are the biggest reasons I drink martinis-I'm an old fashion girl- still drink gin martinis. So, waitress was kind enough to take it back and decided on a pomegrante martini, thanks to the reminder of this great drink from friend and scrapping buddy, Heidi. Heaven, just heaven! After a lovely dinner, went back to the store and took Colleen's eternal calendar book. We did the first 6 months and will complete the book in the couple of weeks. This will help me to keep track of birthdays/anniversaries and has pockets to keep cards in the book as well. Class ran a bit late- say, an hour and a half- and then I was cordially invited to stay overnight at the Stilling's home. Rollie and I got to enjoy American Idol- tivo style- can I tell you I so need one of these things- and part of All My Children before I went to bed. Now, for those of you who don't know me, I was a bit of a nervous wreck. One, I'm a little afraid of dogs- Rollie has two nice sized ones- and I do not sleep well at home let alone at someone else's house! Plus it was a bit warm and I feared an anxiety attack would come up me while trying to get some sleep. People, I slept like a baby! LOVING me that fresh country air.
In the morning, we saw Josh off on his school bus, had coffee and played around with Rollie's awesome photo printer and fixed my portable Epson printer. Rollie, thank you so much for printing out a large sized picture of my family from Mother's day! It's da bomb! Taking it to be framed today! Then Rollie helped me with my blog site here. Can you see my new title with picture? Plus, she added a picture of Jack and I in our formal wear from Jack's firm's black tie from a few weeks ago. Then it was off to have breakfast in the most cutest country store in Trumbauersville- Spors! Can they please move to Havertown?? I had a yummy "kitchen sink" omelet with delicious hash browns and WW toast. It was so big I took the leftovers home for lunch. I also took home a couple containers of their homemade soups. I look forward to going back there. Of course, I was so enjoying the country scenery that I went down Trumbauersville Rd. for almost 5 miles before I realized that I went the wrong way!! LOL But, it was worth the detour. Put me in a fabulous frame of mind! Rollie, girl, nails and all, thank you for being such a great friend and listen to me babble away about my family, etc. Love ya!
Now, do I go out and enjoy the sunshine or go scrap and complete some of the things I started yesterday?? Decisions,decisions. Maybe a bit of both.
Have a good one, everybody!

2 comments:

Rollie said...

well I have to say, I am SO HAPPY to see you happy!
I know you tend to stress about things a bit, and I so enjoyed seeing you relax. Had fun as usual with you and so glad you also had fun. Enjoy today and I love the positive theme I am living life with lately, I think it might be rubbing off!
Rollie

Nicole Carro said...

Maria, that sounds like an awesome day: martinis, scrapping, and a big country breakfast! Glad you had a beautiful day! Your blog looks great!